Visa Options For Becoming A Permanent Resident Of The U.S.

Immigration to the United States has been a constant source of discussion across the globe. According to a licensed and practiced immigration lawyer in Orange County, it was the driving force behind the colonization of America, after all. The United States is still one of the most sought-after destinations, and people are willing to pursue a variety of paths to achieve their goals. There are quite a lot of ways to immigrate to the United States.

This guide has been created for you where we will discuss some promising Visa Options.

Visa options for turning out to be a U.S. Citizen

You have a few different visa options based on your background, martial status, and other factors. Each one has its requirements and advantages. However, the following are the most viable visa options:

  • Sponsorship by a family member or U.S. employer visa option

If you have a family member or employer in the United States willing to sponsor you, you may be eligible for a permanent resident visa. According to a specialized work visa attorney in Orange County, suppose you are interested in obtaining permanent residency through employment, in that scenario, you will need to come across a job offer from an employer willing to submit a labor certification application on your behalf.

You will even need to submit proof that you have met certain requirements, including having at least one year of specialized experience in the field for which you are being hired.

Once you have completed these steps, your employer may petition for your green card directly without involving other parties, such as your spouse or children. This process can take quite a few months or years, based on how quickly your employer can obtain approval on their end and how long it takes USCIS (the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) to process their application once it has been submitted.

Suppose you are accepted as a permanent resident. In that scenario, your spouse and children under 21 years old may even be eligible for permanent residency status through your petition if they were living with you in the United States when it was filed.

  • Refugee or other humanitarian programs

A person may be eligible for permanent residency if they have been granted asylum or refugee status or if they qualify under any other humanitarian program. According to a professional citizenship lawyer in Riverside, refugees are the ones who have been forced to flee their country due to persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a specific social group.

Asylees are the ones who have been granted asylum in the United States after being not able to return to their home countries because of persecution.

In order to be eligible for refugee or asylum status, you must prove that you are at risk of being persecuted if you return home. If you were not persecuted by your government but by an organization in your country, you might still be eligible for refugee or asylum status if it is likely that your government will not protect you from persecution by this organization.

  • Individual Filing

Individual filing is a process that allows you to apply for an adjustment of status directly at an immigration office in the United States. If you have already been approved for a visa or green card and are in the United States, you can apply for adjustment status at one of the USCIS offices. The application process includes paying a fee, filing out forms, and providing supporting documentation such as your passport, birth certificate and photo I.D.

USCIS will review your application and either approve it or ask for ore information from you before deciding whether or not to grant you permanent residency status in the United States.

If you are looking to become a permanent resident of the United States, you must choose an experienced San Bernardino immigration lawyer who is knowledgeable about the process. There are many options for obtaining a green card, and becoming a permanent resident is something that will have an effect on your life forever.

Sunita Sood at The Law Offices of Sood and Sood has helped thousands of clients just like you become permanent residents of the United States!